Friday, January 15, 2016

RSC16- off to a good start with the blues


I'm happy with my progress so far for RSC16. one of the quilts that I'm making this year is Simply Woven . especially since Angela is calling for an accent color each month, this quilt should work really well for RSC. all the fabrics are from my stash, and I'm really pleased with how this quilt looks so far. there are 4 different tans, and many, many blues, with a few purples thrown in.
 

technically, this bonnie hunter scrappy trips isn't really a RSC project, but I had pieced the blocks last year, and just this week got the top put together. with a 6X6 block layout, it finishes at about 72"- a perfect throw size.
 
this quilt is for my 2 girls' room- it uses all the same fabrics that are in their bed quilts.  they helped make the squares, picking out 5 fabrics of the color combinations of their choice. I added the Kona white as the middle constant, and this is a very bright and colorful quilt!
 
the top is done, and the backing is pieced and hanging with the quilt in my sewing room closet. I had planned on quilting this one myself (straight lines, easy peasy) but with tendonitis in my left shoulder, it's really more than I can manage, unfortunately. as the budget allows, I'll send quilts to the longarmer...
 
my farmer's market table runner/cloth went to the quilters this week, so I'm calling this a good week, quilt wise. and: I also figured out the bloggy tabs for RSC. yay, me! all of them are a work in progress, but RSC14 is done- go check it out! and while you're at it, stop by Angela's and see what everyone else has been working on!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Simply Woven is looking good, love your color choices. Congrats on getting Scrappy Trips to a finished flimsy. It's very colorful and fun. I bet your girls love it.

PaulaB quilts said...

Such a simple and effective pattern, and you've made great progress. The scrappy trip is so colorful, thanks for showing it.

Sally Trude said...

What an excellent choice for this challenge...rainbow but not as obvious. And what a great start.

make.share.give said...

Simply Woven is gonna be really neat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin