Friday, October 17, 2014

getting excited for another mystery!

 
it's that time of year again- time to gear up, rummage around in our stash, and get excited for Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt! personally, I L.O.V.E. mystery quilts- it's a chance (and a challenge) to make a quilt that is different than what I normally do, and use some fabrics from my stash. usually, when I hop on for another mystery quilt, I add the additional challenge to myself to use only (mostly) fabrics from my stash.
 
last year's BH mystery, Celtic Solstice, I pieced ENTIRELY from my stash. not sure if I should be proud, or cringing in embarrassed shame...
 
Judy's mystery last year was Mystery Medallion- again, pieced mostly from stash. that completed quilt was gifted to my son Nathaniel, and his wife Priscilla as a wedding gift in May.
 
and finally, this year it's Tell It To The Stars. just a couple more months and borders on that one, and we're done!
 
the yellow I chose for Grand Illusion is "tape measure yellow". I thought that would be fun. (I'll have to confess that I did buy that yellow this week- but it was 50% off... so that's ok, right?) I've decided to use Kona black for my black. I may change my mind and end up going scrappy, but for now Kona is the plan.
 
 
 

 when I first saw the colors for Grand Illusion, I thought I wouldn't have the colors I needed. silly me! I love.love.love. the pinks and aqua- it's such a happy little pile!

 
the greens are only so-so, but they're fine, really... my stash seems a bit light on the grass green, but I'll just go with what I've got. the little pile of whites are 2" strips- mis-cuts or leftovers from Celtic Solstice- so i'll want to use them up first if at all possible. the rest of the whites i'll pull and use from my stash as they're needed.
 
42 days and counting...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin